Can a CVS Help Your Church?
posted on March 07
Kim Shockley is the Church Vitality Strategist (CVS) for the Catawba Valley District. She is a seminary trained Christian Educator, has co-authored two books. The Surprise Factor, with Dr. Paul Nixon, based on the learnings from the research project, Toward Vitality that she led for the general agencies of the UMC in 2013. And, Imagining Church, Seeing Hope in a World of Change, with Gary A Shockley in 2009. Both resources are helpful in creating a picture of church vitality. Kim is also a trained ministry coach, with ACC level International Coaching Federation credentials, and currently working on her Professional Coaching Credentials. She specializes in coaching pastors and lay people in leadership through change.Since 2014 Kim has visited and worked with nearly half of the congregations in the Catawba Valley District.
Some of what she can provide is:
• A four hour process for discerning clarity for a local congregation by answering four questions:
- Why do you exist?
- What do you do?
- How do you behave?
- How will you be successful?
• General Ministry Coaching is available for pastors and staff. These sessions can be arranged to fit your schedule and used for any opportunity that you need to enhance your ministry experience.
• As a generalist in ministry training, our CVS can provide training in many areas: Single Board Governance, Hospitality, developing Discipleship Models, and Sharing Faith Stories. She can also point you to other resources, as needed.
• As new Fresh Expressions develop throughout the District, Kim is offering Coaching Circles as a way to provide conversation and peer sharing with those who lead FX movements in our 5 county area.
• In the fall of 2019, Kim will direct SALT – Spiritual Academy for Leading Transformation, an 8 month experience of training and practical application for lay people. Learn to identify your gifts and abilities for ministry and work on a leadership challenge that will enhance the ministry of your local congregation.
You can reach Kim Shockley at email@example.com, or her cell phone – 407-276-5114.