International African American Museum
posted on September 06
We are excited to offer a one day trip to the International African American Museum in Charleston. This is the “brainchild” of Chef Bruce Tindall, at First UMC in Gastonia. Bruce will treat us to a great meal of his making while in Charleston.
Our conference has a priority of working on anti-racism. The district is providing the food and expenses over the stated cost. We learn by simply spending time with one another! Please invite those in your church to participate. We are limited to the first 56 persons to sign up, so spread the word and let’s enjoy this time of learning and growing together!
I am grateful for your ministry to and with one another and I look forward to this time together!
Here are the details:
Join us Saturday, October 7, for a one-day pilgrimage to Charleston, SC, where history comes alive while touring the International African American Museum.
We will gather at First United Methodist Church, Gastonia, where we will board a 56-passenger bus for our trip. You may find the detailed schedule below.
Chef Bruce Tinall will provide a catered lunch at Bethel United Methodist Church in historic downtown Charleston. Snacks, drinks, and a box meal for the return trip will be provided. The cost is $100 per person ($90 for children 6-16 and seniors 62+), and includes bus fare, tip for the driver, food, and museum tickets
- 6 am-6:45 am Gather at FUMC Gastonia
- 7 am Departure
- 10:30 am Arrive at Bethel UMC, Pitt Street, Charleston, SC
- 11:15 am Lunch at Bethel UMC, Pitt Street, Charleston, SC
- 12:30 pm Depart Bethel UMC for the International African American Museum
- 12:45 pm Gather at the International African American Museum
- 1 pm -3 pm Museum Tour
- 3 pm – 4:15 Free time in Charleston.
- 4:30 – Departure from the International African American Museum
- 8:00 pm Arrival FUMC, Gastonia
Click here to register -- One Day Pilgrimage to International African American Museum in Charleston, SC (brtapp.com)